The g3ecs are getting together for the first time to figure out how to organise and promote science and technology as an educational hobby in George and the rest of the Garden Route.
If you’re a software or hardware hacker (the good kind!), please join us Thursday, 9 February at Office Reliance, 123 Mitchell Street from 17:00 for 17:30 to talk about:
- Electronics, Robotics, Automation and Software development as a hobby in George… What are you interested in most?
- Small kids, big kids, grown-up kids… who’s interested?
- Beginners? Rocket scientists? How do we cater for both?
- Project ideas.
- Where, when and how often?
- The best things in life are free – but you get what you pay for… What can we afford to spend on the hobby?
- Name and structure of the club.
- Next steps.
As a special treat Joe Rautenbach will demonstrate his Twitter to LED project.
Rudie Shepherd and Tom Page will show a variety of embedded computers and controller devices and some videos.
If you’re hungry, R20 will also buy you a muffin and coffee.