- Technology Expo
- 12.03.2013 - 17.03.2013
The conference will take place in the last week of October, and will be hosted in the George Civic Center. The venue will be used as follows:
- Main Hall - Exhibitors
- Banquet Hall - School competitions (robot wars, LAN parties) and Hackathon. On the Saturday night the Gala dinner will be hosted in this hall.
- Auditorium - Speakers, Pitch sessions
The conference will have an overall theme of sustainable and environmentally friendly technology, i.e. green tech. This will include things like start-ups, entrepreneurship, agri & environ tech, green programming, etc.
We are lining up a list of local and national speakers. Some will focus on green tech whilst others will focus on start-ups, social media & cyberlaw, etc.
If you are interested in presenting a topic at the event please make contact as there are still speaking slots available.
Some of the events lined up includes the following:
- Inter-schools competitions. Science quiz, exhibitions, LAN party, Robot Wars. The robots build at the electronics club will go head to head in a duel to the death.
- Start-up competition - pitch your start-up in front of a select group of Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors from out of town. The winning start-up and runners up will receive exciting prizes and may even obtain funding from the VC's attending.
- Hackathon - Friday night will see the local software & hardware guys going head to head in an all night programming challenge. The winner takes all in this exciting challenge aimed at creating some instant solutions to some of the community driven needs in the area.
- Gala Dinner & Prize Giving - Saturday night will host the formal Gala dinner where the winners of the start-up and hackathon competition will be announced. We will also be awarding prizes for various industry achievements, like best website, best logo, best mobile app, etc.
The event is aimed at a local as well as national audience. To achieve this we will be actively promoting the event at a national level, once the format, speakers and sponsors have all been confirmed. We are aiming to have at least 2,000 people attend the conference over the three days.
Local and National exhibitors will fill the main hall. Google, Samsung and Eskom have already indicated their interest in exhibiting at the event, and will hopefully be followed by other national exhibitors like Vodacom, Nokia, etc.
Local schools will be exhibiting their tech and science projects, and will be judged as part of an inter-schools competition.
Local ICT suppliers can exhibit their products and services. In attendance will be business from the bigger cities whom will be exploring cooperative or outsourcing arrangements with local suppliers.
If you are interested in becoming a prize, event. marketing or branding sponsor at the event please make contact ASAP.
We are currently in negotiations with both Google and Samsung whom have indicated their strong interest in participating in the event as sponsor & exhibitor.
- Garden Route Mall
EventList powered by schlu.net