The Garden Route Technical Consortium consists of a collaborating group of passionate and dedicated professionals and providers of hardware, software, and business and strategic consultation services with the focus strongly on the Information Technology sector.
Some of the key objectives of the group are:
- To create a network of top local technology experts and service providers, spanning a variety of fields.
- To keep skills and employment opportunities in the region by investing time, effort and money into the local community through training and skills development.
- To perform collaborative marketing with the intention of penetrating new markets.
- To present expertise as a unified body during the bid for large contracts.
- To provide project management and quality control services during the full lifecycle of large and complex projects.
- To define, enable, and manage key technology growth areas in the region.
The Consortium has a strong focus on Research and Development (R&D), with several innovations currently in the works. These includes projects like fridge magnets that will show the current water level in your rain tank, a stock theft project that tracks animal and vehicle movements on farms in real time and alerts the farmers the moment the animal’s movements indicates distress, as well as a project to track hikers in remote mountain hiking trails.
Read our full mission statement here. Explore our site to see more details on how this is achieved.